Introduction: What is Streaming, What are Its Benefits, and How Can It Help You?
Streaming is a form of online distribution that allows the viewer to access content from a remote server. It is also one of the most popular methods for watching video online today. The benefits of this type of distribution are numerous.
Streaming not only allows viewers to access content at an affordable price, but it also decreases load times, so that viewers can watch their favorite shows in real-time. Streaming offers live TV programming and movies in HD quality and with low bandwidth usage.
How to Stream on Mac in Simple Steps
This guide will create a list of best free streaming software and apps which can be used on a desktop or laptop computer.
1. Windows or Mac OS X operating system (I tested on a Macbook Pro running OS X 10.9 Mavericks)
2. A Netflix account (if you don’t have one yet, go here and get one for free)
3. An internet connection with a download speed of at least 1 Mbps (If you want to stream in HD, your internet connection should be faster than 3 Mbps).
I will divide this guide into three parts: the first part will be about free streaming software that can run on Windows or Mac OS X; the second part will be about how to stream Netflix on your computer; and the third part will be about how to watch other streaming services like Hulu Plus or Amazon Prime Instant Video.
Part One: Free Streaming Software for Windows and Mac OS X
Streaming software is a must-have device if you want to watch shows online. Although you can use a web browser, nothing beats the convenience of dedicated streaming software. These are the best free streaming software that are currently available for Windows and Mac OS X users:
1. Stremio (Windows, Mac OS X)
There is no doubt about it: Stremio is one of the best free streaming softwares around. It has a very simple interface, but it offers many features that can help you organize your favorite shows.
2. Popcorn Time (Windows, Mac OS X)
If you watched movies or TV shows on Netflix when it first came out, then Popcorn Time may remind you of that.
3. Kodi (Windows, Mac OS X)
Kodi is the best free streaming software if you are looking for a combination of streaming service and multimedia player in one package.
Part Two: How to Stream Neflix on your Computer
Although you can use your computer to watch shows on Netflix, I strongly recommend that you use a dedicated streaming device such as Roku or Apple TV because it’s more comfortable and easier to navigate. However, if you insist on using your computer here are some quick steps to follow:
1. Sign up for a free Netflix account here .
2. Open your web browser, go to www.netflix.com, and click on the Sign In button on the top-right corner of the screen.
3. Enter your login credentials in the pop-up window that appears and wait until you are logged in to your account.
4. You should now be able to see a list of shows that you can watch on Netflix. Just click on a title and start watching!
Part Three: How to Watch Other Streaming Services
The scariest thing about the streaming services mentioned in this article (Netflix, Amazon Prime Instant Video, and Hulu Plus) is not their content but their restrictions. These three streaming services are only available in the US, which means that you won’t be able to watch them if you are living outside of this country.
In conclusion, the future will bring more streaming services like Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Amazon Prime Instant Video. These services have many benefits for both the viewer and the provider such as more creative freedom, more flexibility in programming format, wider audience reach, and less market competition by collaborating with other streaming companies.